Dancing is meant to be fun! We want to to have fun and enjoy connecting with others on the dance floor. At the same time, we also want everyone to feel and be safe while attending our events and workshops.
The seven points to bear in mind while attending our events:
- Respect your own and other people’s physical and emotional boundaries.
- We see dancing as an invitation to tolerance and generosity. However, it’s okay to say “no” for any reason
- Respect peoples opinions, beliefs, differing states of being and differing points of view.
- Take care of yourself and of others – on and off the dance floor (this includes personal hygiene, illness and alcohol)
- Be responsible for your own actions. Be aware that your actions can have an effect on others
- If you experience or witness any behavior that crosses your boundaries or makes you uncomfortable the organizers are there for you, but remember that simple communication may help
- Dance roles are not related to gender. Everyone can dance with anyone!
Any behaviour that threatens other’s safety within the space may lead to exclusion of the event.